Catholic Health Initiatives Referral Specialist - (Centralized Scheduling) - The Woodlands in THE WOODLANDS, Texas
Referral Specialist - (Centralized Scheduling) - The Woodlands
The Referral Specialist works with patients requiring a referral,
to ensure patient’s referral needs are fulfilled for specialty service office
visits. Processes referrals, authorizations and pre-certifications for
patients, to ensure timely reimbursement.
Education and Licensure (required and preferred)
- Highschool diploma or equivalent required.
Experience (required and preferred)
- 2years of progressively responsible related experience in a healthcareenvironment required.
- Gather, verify, and
process referrals, authorizations, and pre-certifications by working closely
with physician(s), patients, and payers.
- Communicate detailed information and answers patients' questions regarding
their health care plan; provide answers to billing and insurance clarification
- Set up appointments, coordinate clinic visits, and any special arrangements
such as transportation, interpreter services, specialty care, etc.
- Coordinate flow of information between medical clinic and referral
authorization department to secure a valid referral for clinic patient.
- Enter referrals, documents communications and action into the system, as
- Notify physician(s) and patient when referral is denied, or if additional
information is needed.
- Develop and maintain database of referral physician offices preferred by each
physician within the clinic.
- Assist Practice Manager with complaint resolution and solutions related to
- Perform other duties as assigned by the practice manager or physician.
Primary Location TEXAS-THE WOODLANDS-ST LUKE WOODLANDS
Daily Schedule Days
Scheduled Hours per 2-week Pay Period 80
Weekends Required None
Req ID: 2017-R0139566