Tarrant County Government SUPERVISION CLERK II - CSCD in Tarrant County, Texas
**GRANT FUNDED POSITION
THIS POSTING MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME ONCE A SUFFICIENT NUMBER**OF APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED
Performs varied clerical duties in the daily operation of the Department
Please contact Patrice Harrison at (817) 884-1227 if you have any questions regarding this CSCD position or for benefits information
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in answering multi-line phones and communicates professionally with offenders, court staff, department staff, government agencies and other individuals.
- Uses County and Department computer information to determine the correct status of offenders and the appropriate routing of case files.
- Types and proofreads correspondence and legal documents of a highly sensitive nature, maintaining confidentiality in accordance with Department policy.
- Maintains and troubleshoots office equipment and coordinators with service providers.
- Stocks and maintains office supplies and forms.
- Directs offenders and others to the appropriate office or individual.
- Accepts and records receipts of court ordered funds, researches account discrepancies, maintains balances, prepares deposits, researches and locates victim information for restitution payments and applies payments appropriately. Maintains security of received monies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned. Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years of related experience.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of office procedures.
- Ability to use personal computer, utilizing word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Must be able to type 30 wpm.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to handle multiple tasks.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
**YOU MUST TAKE AND PASS A 30 WPM TYPING TEST AT THE CSCD OFFICE.
For questions regarding the typing test, Community Supervision and Corrections Department (CSCD) applicants should contact Patrice Harrison at 817-884-1227. **
CSCD will conduct background checks on all new hires that will include a criminal background check related to convictions and deferred adjudications and may include credit reports, motor vehicle records, employment records and educational attainment. A conviction or deferred adjudication is not an automatic bar to employment. Each case is considered individually.
Physical Demands and Work Environment & Other Requirements:
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, and bend.
Job Title: SUPERVISION CLERK II - CSCD
Closing Date/Time: Wed. 05/23/18 11:59 PM Central Time
Salary: $11.90 - $12.63 Hourly
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Location: Tarrant County, Texas