FirstService Residential Senior Human Resources Coordinator in San Antonio, Texas
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Working closely with Human Resources (HR) management, the HR Coordinator is responsible for clerical transactions, communication and problem solving in regards to routine tasks, projects, policies and procedures as they relate to core HR services, processes, and programs. Maintains accurate employee records/files both electronically (HR database) and in hard copy format. Provides assistance to other department members, as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department in carrying out various human resources programs, projects, and procedures, and manages correspondence for all associates.
- Verifies 1-9 documentation, trains Regional Verifiers and maintains compliance.
- Assists Manager and/or Vice President, HR with various research projects and/or special projects. Also responsible for managing various appointments, meetings, and requests for HR Manager as needed.
- Maintains Human Resources Information System records and compiles reports from database as needed.
- Draft and coordinate general communication to go out to Associates, prepare HR content for regional/corporate offices, newsletters, etc.
- Draft and maintain department calendar with key dates, project schedules, etc.
- Participates in set up, coordinate, and schedules administrative staff meetings and trainings; also attends other meetings and seminars.
- Manages company policies and procedures with assistance from HR Manager and/or VP, HR.
- Act as the primary contact for the HR Team, managing general HR email correspondence, performs customer service functions by answering associate requests and questions or directing associates to the correct point of contact.
- Assist HR Manager in strategizing with leadership on improving work relationships, enhancing employee engagement and retention, and fostering compliance with company/division policy and applicable laws.
- Assist HR Manager in identifying and/or compiling facts related to associate concerns and provide recommendations as to next steps.
- Helps to maintain department organization charts and associate directory.
- Responsible for employee files, data retention, and maintenance of employee files.
- Acts as backup for various areas of HR as needed.
- Create surveys for feedback, analysis, and administers process.
- Manages compliance reports and compliance education (ex: Harassment Prevention, Driver's License audit).
- Ensure smooth onboarding process of new hires; lead orientations, ensure completion of paperwork and ensure access to HCM system.
- Follow SOPs to ensure associate information is updated and documented accordingly.
- Manage and submit unemployment claims using claims portal.
- Ensure completion of monthly purchase card reconciliation reports; maintain receipts.
- Maintain ADP updates and associate changes in the system, manages workflow approvals.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent; College Degree preferred
- 3+ year(s) HR experience, preferably with exposure to Employee Relations
- Minimum 2 years general office experience, preferably in Human Resources
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience learning new/supporting rollout of new systems
- Excellent customer service background/skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Professional representative of FirstService Residential
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and listening
- Collaborative decision-making, relationship building and problem solving skills
- Organizational and time management abilities
- High level of attention to detail
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications, particularly Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point; ADP Vantage a plus
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and escalate recommendations to HR Manager.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines, as well as work independently and prioritize time effectively.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled