Hired by Matrix, Inc. Claims Administrator in Plano, Texas
- Our Client, is seeking a Claims Administrator possessing an AAS degree in Accounting or Finance, business management, logistics/supply chain and/or three or more years of related experience and/or training within a manufacturing/plant environment; logistics or transportation skills for scheduling shipping and receiving times experience.
Purpose of Position
- To assist in credit and collection activities for the company through the analysis of credit checks and investigation of overdue accounts.
MANAGE FREIGHT CLAIMS PROCESS - Ensure that processes and procedures are maintained to process and file claims based on industry rules and regulations established by the Interstate Commerce Commission and the National Motor Freight Classification guidelines.
CLAIMS RESOLUTION - Working with contract carriers claims representatives, plants, and customers to recover cost associated with freight damage.
MONTHLY CLAIMS ANALYSIS - Maintain and track financial performance monthly for both filing and collection of claims. Identify problem areas by analyzing the frequency of incidents by carrier, plant, regions and products.
NEGOTIATING SETTLEMENT OFFERS - Negotiating claims settlement offers with carriers and customers in order to recover the entire amount or the maximum amount for outstanding claims.
COORDINATE DISPOSITION PROCESS - Provide instructions and guidance to customers on filing claims, contact carriers for inspection, communicate the incident to the Brands and logistics in order to file claims in a timely manner.
DOCUMENT CONTROL - Develop, implement, and manage the documents, processes and controls of freight claims function to ensure proper compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
Education and/or Experience
- Prefer Associates of Arts Degree (A.A.S) in Accounting or Finance, business management, logistics/supply chain from an accredited four-year College or University; and/ or three or more years of related experience and/or training within a manufacturing/plant environment; logistics or transportation skills for scheduling shipping and receiving times experience.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word, MS PowerPoint Word Processing software. AS400 query knowledge preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Rahul at 630-580-0309 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 12 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
As the staffing industry evolves, Hired by Matrix continues to develop and grow. By combining our expertise with a keen understanding of each client’s needs we are able to source for the most qualified candidates. Our commitment to servicing our clients corresponds with our commitment to finding the perfect match between our clients and candidates and maintaining our relationships long term.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.Equal Opportunity EmployerWBENC CertifiedWOSB Certified*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center:http://bit.ly/HbMCareers