WageWorks Cash Application Specialist in Irving, Texas
Check out the following fantastic career opportunity!
Cash Applications Specialist
OVERVIEW AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
This position follows standard operating procedures to review reports and other means to accurately identify cash transactions and post cash transactions in the appropriate Company systems. May serve as a resource to less co-workers performing cash application tasks.
OTHER REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
- On an ongoing basis and in a timely manner, accurately applies cash collections to the customer’s account using appropriate accounting and business management software. This entails cash received via lockbox, wire, or Automated Clearing House (ACH).
- Prepares activity and status reports and reconciles unapplied cash as appropriate. Reconciles bank statements to the General Ledger (GL) Cash Accounts daily and monthly. Researches any disputes and follows standard operating procedures to correct the issue and/or updates the system notes with the status of the activity. This may include utilizing the Company’s accounting and business management software systems to research account activity and post payments as appropriate.
- Works with Collections, Financial Operations, and Accounts Receivables teams in researching unapplied cash amounts so that unapplied cash can be kept to a minimum.
- Contacts customers via letters, emails, and phone calls to inquire about incomplete information related to payments. Follows up on outstanding issues as appropriate, updating the system notes with the status of the inquiry or activity.
- Utilizes current lockbox technology to print reports and view images related to cash applications.
- Provides support and written documentation as required to support cash application for SOX controls and audits.
- Acts as a resource to answer questions and provide guidance to less experienced co-workers performing cash application tasks.
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the eight Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
Clients and Participants Come First: Exceeding client and participant expectations is our highest priority
Integrity: We are open, honest, ethical and conscientious
Passion: A will to win and a relentless drive for excellence
Accountability: Deliver on commitments and take ownership for solving problems and creating solutions
Leadership and Influence : Our actions inspire vision and clarity of purpose
Continuous Improvement and Innovation: We embrace change and drive new ideas into business solutions
Dignity and Respect : We value the diversity of our people, encourage their development and reward their performance
Creating Value for Shareholders: Deliver consistent growth and premium returns.
A general knowledge of accounting as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting, finance or a related major is preferred, or equivalent experience
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
A minimum of two to three years of experience, knowledge and understanding in cash application, billing, accounts receivables, or clerical accounting function.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
General knowledge of the cash application policies and procedures is required to perform the essential functions.
Incumbents should be able to deal with customers in friendly, courteous, timely and professional manner. Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
Good attention to detail with the ability to maintain accuracy and still meet deadlines is required.
Strong time management skills.
Incumbents must be proficient with a personal computer and have a basic knowledge, understanding and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook). Additionally, Great Plains Dynamics or other accounting or business management software experience is desirable.
Build Your Career at WageWorks!
When you work at WageWorks, you help people live happier, healthier, and more productive lives.
We help over 4.5 million people save money on critical expenses - like healthcare, child and elder care, and commuting - through benefits like Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, and Commuter Benefits provided through their employers. Over 58,000 employers have already chosen WageWorks to administer their Consumer-Directed Benefits, making us leader in the industry.
Why Work for WageWorks?
If you're looking for a career that provides plenty of growth opportunities, responsibility, and interesting challenges to tackle, you will find it here.
If you want to join a fast-moving, high-growth, exciting company that's a market leader, you’re looking in the right place.
But mostly, if you want to help people live happier, healthier, and more productive lives, then you’ll want to work for WageWorks.
WageWorks provides equal employment opportunity without regard to pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition, veteran or military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
Employment will require successful completion of a background check.
Equal Opportunity for Disabled Veterans, Recently Separated Veterans, Other Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans.
Drug free workplace.
Location: Irving, TX
Employment Type: Regular
# of Openings: 1