The University of Texas Medical Branch Secretary - SOM Assoc Dean-Student Affairs (Galveston) in Galveston, Texas
High school or equivalent with 1 year of related experience. 85% spelling accuracy. 40 words per minute. JOB DESCRIPTION: To provide basic secretarial skills.
Min Qualifications **
This position requires typing and spelling test scores. The testing can be completed at our Welcome Center at 2200 Market Street Galveston, TX 77555. Please call 409-747-4800 to schedule an appointment*
Testing is available Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 5 PM (except holidays). A photo ID is required.
Salary Range **
$25,600 - $38,400 annually, commensurate with experience
Pay band CS12
Specific Job Related Duties **
The incumbent in the Secretary position is administrative support for the Academic Support and Career Counseling (ASCC) Director and Senior Learning Specialist and for the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs. The incumbent will provide basic secretarial tasks in a high-volume office environment and is crucial to the success of the ASCC.
Major Duties/Critical Task
- Provide administrative support for the ASCC team which includes the Director, Academic Support and Career Counseling and the Sr. Specialist for Learning and Career Counseling, and support for the Assistant Dean for Student Affairs;
- Reproduce documents from notes or rough drafts utilizing personal computer skills;
- Performs miscellaneous clerical tasks, such as making copies, filing, faxing and maintaining various confidential files;
- Proofreads finished assignments for grammar, spelling, and formats;
- Assists with timekeeping (Kronos), procurement and expenditure processing;
- May compose routine office correspondence;
- Answers and screens telephone calls;
- Screens visitors and schedules appointments to include scheduling Student Assistants involved with the tutoring program;
- Files and maintains the organization of the ASCC team’s record keeping systems;
- Processes student file information;
- Distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail;
- Must maintain high level of confidentiality and compliance with Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA);
- Adheres to internal controls established for department;
- Performs related duties as required.
Preferred Skill/Competency **
- Microsoft Office knowledge, Word, Excel, Outlook;
- Detail oriented;
- High initiative and “can-do” attitude;
- Professional demeanor;
- Excellent organizational, customer service and communication skills;
- High degree of confidentiality.
Preferred Work Experience **
- One year experience working in an office supporting multiple personnel.
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Secretary - SOM Assoc Dean-Student Affairs (Galveston)
Job ID: 59348
Business Unit: SOMED