The University of Texas Medical Branch Coordinator II-Department of Surgery-Burn-Shriner's in Galveston, Texas
Associate's degree or equivalent; 3 years related experience. JOB DESCRIPTION: To manage activities for a project or program.
Salary Range **
$41,475 - $59,621 annually, commensurate with experience.
This position is in the pay band code: CS14.
Specific Job Related Duties **
Coordinates all activities for the Chief, Burn and Trauma Acute Care Surgery. Duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Composes responses to emails and letters forwarded to the Division.
- Schedules meetings/conferences for large multidisciplinary teams.
- Answers phones and responds to correspondence; refer University and eternal personnel to the appropriate source for information as necessary ensuring effective communications in a timely manner.
- Composes correspondence and memoranda in appropriate business letter format including proofreading all completed assignments for grammar, format, and structure.
- Assists with the recruitment of staff and support personnel.
- Assists with coordination and implementation of outreach and marketing activities in accordance with university policy.
- Schedules meetings using Outlook calendar, prepares agendas, reserves rooms, sends meeting reminders.
- Assists the Division Chief and physician staff with his/her operating room schedules, clinic, meeting preparation, and travel arrangements.
- Prepares agendas for standing meetings.
- Prepares/provides/distributes minutes for meetings.
- Provides tracking mechanism for Division Chief related to project management and progress.
- Works in tandem with other Coordinators and Administrative Support Staff in the department filling in and covering other departmental areas on a daily basis.
- Serves as resource and subject matter expert.
- Acts as liaison with agencies and institutional departments.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical tasks, such as making copies, filing, faxing information, and maintaining area bulletin boards.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail and prepares outgoing mail.
- Coordinates and processes employee travel arrangements and reimbursements, as well as non-PO vouchers and internal billing requests, ensuring compliance with current UTMB Guidelines.
- Performs any related duties required to maintain efficient operations of the Division of Burn and Trauma Acute Care Surgery.
Preferred Skill/Competency **
- Knowledge and experience working with Excel Spreadsheets
- Familiar with Peoplesoft Financials and KRONOS Timekeeping System
- Strong organizational skills
- Possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task to support diverse areas with the administrative team.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Prior administrative support experience.
Closing Statement **
Equal Employment Opportunity **
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Coordinator II-Department of Surgery-Burn-Shriner's
Job ID: 59811
Business Unit: SOMED