University of Texas at Arlington Administrative Assistant II (S00749P) in Arlington, Texas
Posting Number S00749P
Position Title Administrative Assistant II (S00749P)
Department VP for Information Technology
Location Ft. Worth
Job Family Information Technology
Position Status Full-time
Work Hours Standard
Open to External and Internal
Salary Salary is commensurate based on qualifications and relevant experience
Duration Funding expected to continue
Pay Basis Monthly
Benefits Eligible Yes
Provide professional level administrative support service to Assistant/Associate Vice Presidents and directors at the Arlington Data Center to relieve those administrators of organizational decisions and to coordinate activities of the unit. This requires a thorough understanding of the functions and policies of the University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for daily office management, fiscal management, budget preparations, correspondence, personnel matters, complex level decisions, exercising initiative and independent judgment. Process and maintains personnel records including staff recruitment forms, appointments, change of status, leave requests, terminations, attendance records and performance evaluations. Procures supplies for Arlington Data Center.
- Maintain internal controls to ensure departmental accounts and Procard accounts are reconciled monthly. Reconcile monthly account statements for the main account, salary accounts and travel accounts. Process monthly payroll; vacation and sick leave reports; travel budget including making all travel arrangements for staff and preparing travel reimbursement vouchers.
- Records Information Management contact for OIT. To determine records that need to be shredded according to our Records Retention Schedule. Coordinate with the Records Manager of any changes or updates for OIT.
- Supervises student employee to distribute work needed from all areas of the department. Keep student employee’s time.
- Other duties as assigned • Coordinate departmental activities and special projects. Plan catering for end of year lunches, birthday parties, retirement parties and other events that happen throughout the year. •
Bachelor’s degree with 2 years upper level secretarial experience OR high school with 6 years of increasingly responsible administrative, secretarial and clerical experience with 2 years of supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: • Basic principles governing human resources and customer service • Correct English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation • Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence, and other written materials • Conflict resolution, using tact, discretion, initiative, and independent judgment within established guidelines • Researching, compiling, and summarizing a variety of informational, financial, and statistical data and materials • Organizing work, setting priorities, meeting critical deadlines, and following up on assignments with a minimum of direction • Applying logical thinking to solve problems or accomplish tasks • Understanding, interpreting, and communicating complicated policies, procedures, and protocols • Effectively use automated systems including personal computers and office/specialized software packages • Techniques in effective interpersonal communication
• Experience with University of Texas at Arlington policies and procedures
Special Conditions for Eligibility
UTA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation. A criminal background check will be conducted on finalists. The UTA is a tobacco free campus.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies 1
Desired Start Date
Review Start Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: o Employment history: name of company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, summary of job duties o Education: college or college degree, list school name, degree type, major, graduated or not, and hours completed if not graduated.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
What is the highest level of education attained?
High School Diploma
How much upper level administrative, secretarial or clerical experience do you have?
None/less than 2 years
2 to 3 years
4 to 5 years
6 years or more
How many years of supervisory experience do you have?
None/less than 2 years
2 to 3 years
4 to 5 years
6 or more years
What is your skill level using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)? (Proficient is the highest skill level)
Will the candidate be willing to work at the Arlington Regional Data Center located in Fort Worth?
Documents Needed To Apply
Resume or CV