Progress Rail Services Corp. Administrative Assistant in Amarillo, Texas
Auto req ID: 2894BR
Posting Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Category: Administrative/Clerical
Alternative Work Location: Amarillo, TX
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
The overall purpose of this position is to provide office administrative support. Creating railcar repair estimates based on inspection data, researching regulations, field manuals and customer specifications. This position works direct with customers to ensure the approval process is streamlined and exceeds customer expectations.
Key Job Elements
• Researching railcar repair requirements, specifications and customer specifications;
• Creating repair estimates and work orders by applying information researched and ensuring accuracy as well as regulatory compliance;
• Working with internal Inspectors, Production Managers as well as Quality Assurance to resolve discrepancies;
• Submitting estimates to customers and/or car owners using industry specific standards in a variety of customer required formats and maintenance information systems;
• Working with customers to ensure the estimate and approval process is streamlined while providing exceptional customer service.
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
Qualifications and Experience
• To be qualified for this position you must have a minimum of 3 years in an Administrative or office support position;
• Prior experience in an estimating or billing role preferred;
• Must posses strong and accurate data entry skills;
• Be self driven with the ability to research, retain and apply information;
• Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to resolve issues in a professional and timely manner.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities